Jul 10, 2007

Lesson 12 - A time for reflection

I really enjoyed taking this class. I have learned some very interesting new things and reinforced some things that I already know. As a result I would really like to get more teachers involved and excited about technology and how it really can be integrated into the classrooms. I'd like to show them how using these technology as means of using differentiated instruction. Some of their students may flourish using some of these technologies. I am also very passionate about my Wiki. It think it is a very useful tool, easy to integrate into the curriculum and beneficial to our students and future students.
At the beginning of this course, I wasn't so keen on blogging. But, my excitement has grown with 2 comments that were made to my blog by people in education that I didn't even know! Through one of the posts, I have (hopefully) set up collaboration with a classroom in New Zealand. Talk about the global community and interaction with the world! This course has at times stressed how important it is to be global, well, maybe we can start something here. I love being off for the summer, but this year, I am really excited about coming back in September and getting started!!

3 comments:

teacherlee said...

Wow! How impressive that you made a connection with a classroom in New Zealand. I hope that works out for you. I too have found this course to be packed with information. At times, I found it enjoyable to - especially connecting with colleagues and learning from them. Thank you!

DianeS said...

Wow! I now see how blogging can add enthusiasm. If I had a comment from a global person, it would definitely spike my interest...not to mention what it would do for a student.

Mr. D. said...

I'm psyched you have a wiki already started and your so enthusiastic about integrating it throughout the curriculum, Denise. It's motivating for me to see your wiki in these early stages. The blog connection is very exciting! These technologies really demonstrate how small the world really is. Thanks for sharing!