Jun 18, 2007

Reflection 2 - Lesson 8

Wow, both wiki's and the delicious tool are useful. Personally, I like using the wiki. I think it has so many, many applications. As I said in my previous post, I use it to showcase our students work. It is also an educational tool. It helps them read, re-read and edit for information. I feel it is also a tool for differentiated instruction. Not all students learn the same. We have to think of different ways to be able to make them successful in learning. I think Wiki's are a great avenue for some of these students. It amazes me to see how eager our students are to edit their own work and those of their classmates. They want to be the first one to find a mistake. I think they take more pride in their work knowing it will be showcased for the world to see.
I also like delicious. Where ever you go, you can bring up certain websites, podcasts etc. It's an easy way to share these things with a group of people. It's a great tool, but......knowing how much of an impact the Village Wiki has had on student learning....I'll have to go with WIKI's!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree Denise! I love Wiki. I can't wait to start using it next year. I'm not so into delicious yet although I think Terri has a great idea of how to use it effectively. Maybe you can help me get started with Wiki when I come back next year???

Mrs. Donovan said...

I agree as well. I love the reflection and collaborative part of using a wiki. I am definitely going to try using it for my student book reviews. I see another teacher did that on the Village Wiki. Do you know who it is? Maybe I could collaborate on it with them. That would be fun and save the both of us some time.